Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Time it was . . .

Timberville, Virginia 

"Long ago . . . it must be
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you."
Paul Simon - Bookends

When I was in Timberville last month, the building in this picture stirred a vague memory in me, the way a smell, or an old song suddenly makes you feel another place and time.

I am pretty sure that I have been through Timberville before, but it would have been 40-some years ago, and I don't remember. Did I photograph this building years ago, or do I just remember a photograph that I have seen somewhere? Memory is unreliable. Photographs not only preserve memories, but sometimes perhaps they create memories.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.