Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sunday Afternoon in Madison County - #5

Locust Dale - Madison County, Virginia 

Recommended Reading

Marion Post Wolcott  worked for the Farm Security Administration in the 1930s and produced a wonderful collection of black and white photographs recording the people and places of the US during the depression. But Wolcott also did some color work that gives an unusual glimpse into a time that is most often defined by black and white photography. Tom Clark's Beyond the Pale blog has a nice collection of color photographs by Marion Post Wolcott along with a short article about her work during those years. Take a look here.

✎ I first came across the work of Louisiana-based photographer Jenny Ellerbe in Lenswork Extended 89. Her web page has a nice sample of her excellent black and white work. Recently she has undertaken a project to photograph ancient Indian burial mounds, and is blogging about it here. Occasionally a really good photograph gets stuck in my head, and I have several of Ellerbe's pictures in my mental gallery. Recommended.

✎ Recently I have been enjoying the posts of a fellow Virginia blogger at Revrunner. I like photography, and I like reading; Revrunner is about both. I have added a permanent link to Revrunner in the sidebar.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.