This church was built in 1912 on a hill surrounded by rolling farmland with the Blue Ridge Mountains close on the horizon. The frame building, which cost $1200 to construct, was completed and dedicated in 1913.
The church sanctuary is home to an organ which was donated by Andrew Carnegie, who began donating organs to churches and schools in 1873 and eventually gave away over 8000 organs. The Westover organ was transported by train to Gordonsvillle, Virginia, and was delivered to the church by horse drawn wagon, a distance of about 20 miles.
There is a small cemetery on the church property.