In 1768 Thomas Foster built this "dog-trot" house with an open hall flanked by one room on each side. Later the second story rooms were added for the family to live in, and the downstairs became stage-stop accommodations for travelers. The hand-hewn heart pine logs are assembled with wooden pegs and dovetails; no nails were used. The house was moved log by log from its original location in the community of Scotia, Franklin County, Mississippi and came to the park in 1976.
Thanks for reading Photography In Place. Have a great weekend!