Sunday, October 20, 2013

Third Sunday - October 2013

Orange County, Virginia 

Mt Lebanon Church of the Brethren

On a warm August afternoon I came upon this church quite unexpectedly. It is only about twenty minutes from my home but I had never been on this road before. Often when I begin photographing a church, someone will show up to find out what I am doing; a neighbor living nearby or a member of the church perhaps. This church was no exception, and an elderly man walked across the road from his house. He was not a member of the church and did not know anything of its history, but said that there had been some vandalism there recently, and he tried to keep watch. I assured him that I only wanted to get some pictures. We chatted for a few minutes and then he went back across the road. From his front yard, he kept an eye on me.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.