Monday, March 24, 2014

Walk on a snowy morning

Shenandoah River State Park

On the last night of my three day stay at Shenandoah River State Park in February, snow flurries were predicted for the next morning. I woke up and fixed breakfast just as snow started to filter down from the gray skies. I had planned to drive up into the mountains to visit Elizabeth Furnace, but the flurries turned into fast falling, large flakes which soon turned the ground white. Not a good day for a drive in the mountains. I grabbed the camera and went for a walk in the snow.

The Shenandoah River fades into the falling snow from Culler's Overlook

The snow fell rapidly. It had been snowing for less than an hour when this photograph was made.

 It was still snowing when I returned from my walk. My little travel trailer looked lonesome and cold, but it was warm inside. I made a nice, hot cup of tea and watched the snow fall outside the window until it was time to fix lunch.

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful photos and a wonderful life. I'm jealous... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenn, as you point out on your blog, Riff's Photography Journal, the secret is to take the time to see the wonderful things that surround us every day.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.