Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cupola House - 1758

Edenton, North Carolina

While visiting Edenton late one afternoon during my recent trip to North Carolina, I took this snapshot as I walked down the street on my way to the lighthouse. I had no idea what I was photographing, but it turns out that the Cupola House, built in 1758, is a significant historic and architectural landmark.

Cupola House is an outstanding example of a Jacobean house and is considered North Carolina's most significant early dwelling.

2 comments :

  1. I think this is cool. It would be interesting to see what the inside is like and how many updates it has had, but this is a wonderful image...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenn, I had no idea what this building was at the time— I took one picture and walked on by.. After learning more about the history of the building, I regret not devoting some more time to it, but it is on the list for my next trip to the area. I understand that the interior is beautifully restored.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.