Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Geese along the Shenandoah River - Page County, Virginia 

Week before last I drove across the mountain and spent a Sunday afternoon in the Shenandoah Valley. My first stop was the Town of Shenandoah on the South Fork of the Shenandoah river about 25 miles south of Luray. I stopped at the town's River Park to take a few pictures and met a small gaggle of geese on the path along the river.

These are domestic geese (someone correct me if I am wrong) but there were also several Canada Geese mixed in.  Most geese mate for life, so I took pictures of what I took to be happy couples, enjoying a Sunday afternoon stroll in the park.


1 comment :

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.