Monday, May 16, 2011

Waterfront - Elizabeth City, North Carolina 

This weekend I made a trip to North Carolina and spent a couple of days exploring more of the wetlands and swamps in the eastern part of the state. (Read about earlier trips to this area in our small inflatable boat here.) Saturday evening we stopped in Elizabeth City to look around the town and stretch our legs. It was prom night, and girls in prom dresses, guys in tuxedos and lots of people with cameras were gathered in the small park next to the waterfront. I fit right in to the crowd with my camera, but I was the only one taking pictures of old buildings.

 I felt a twinge of nostalgia as I watched these young people, all dressed up for their big night ahead, but a twinge of hunger made me wonder if there was a good place to eat nearby. The evening sunlight was lovely on the docks and boats. I took a few more pictures and then we walked back to the car.

2 comments :

  1. Welcome back to the tarheel state, neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--I really enjoy visiting eastern NC and hope to do a lot more of it. I have a mental list of places there I would like to photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.