Wednesday, October 19, 2011

West Main Street - Charlottesville, Virginia 

One of the photography sites that I visit regularly is Gordon Lewis' Shutterfinger. Gordon is a professional writer and photographer, and writes on a wide range of photographic topics. His advice is practical and his writing is clear and concise. In addition to technical topics, Gordon shares his insights into the creative processes that lead to growth as a photographer. For example, a recent post titled "How to See" offers good advice on the mental approach to seeing photographic possibilities. Shutterfinger is well worth visiting and learning from.

I have added a permanent link to Shutterfinger in the sidebar.


(The sign in the window says "Beware Pickpockets and Loose Women" Click on the photo to enlarge)

2 comments :

  1. Since I have started taking photos I see subjects everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean--the hard part for me is not finding subjects, but making decent photos from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.