Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August - Pine Woods

Greene County, Virginia 

The path skirts along a small pine woods, not much bigger than a city block. The ground is carpeted with pine needles; I make no sound as I walk and the air is fragrant with pine resin. About fifty feet from the path, the low tangle of branches makes walking nearly impossible. Sunlight filters through the trees. I wonder what lives here, in this small piney wood, surrounded by farmland and deciduous forests. It is a place set apart and all is quiet.

2 comments :

  1. A nice quiet place where I usually get bit by something weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, I had already been walking around in tall grass and weeds so I was sure I would be covered in chiggers, but I was lucky and came away without a single bite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.