Friday, August 23, 2013

Wild grass

Greene County, Virginia 

This photo was taken with the new Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC OS MACRO lens that I have been working with over the past couple of weeks. My "testing" of this lens consists of simply taking pictures and examining the results. There are plenty of places on the internet that test and report on lenses in great technical detail with resolution figures and MTF charts and such, but I am mostly interested in how the pictures look. This photo is a good example of what I consider to be very pleasing rendering of out of focus areas. This is the first lens made by Sigma that I have owned, and so far I am quite happy.

The wild grass pictured here is very common in this area, but I have not been able to identify it. It might be Purpletop (Tridens flavus) but I am not sure. Anyone know what this is called?

Thanks for reading Photography In Place. Have a great weekend.

Update: A couple of readers have informed me that this is Johnson Grass (Sorghum halepense)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.