Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Red bottle

Greene County, Virginia 

Many photographers feel that it is a sin to crop. They pride themselves on getting it right in the camera. Anything else is somehow "cheating."

I made several shots of this red bottle in the afternoon sun but I was not happy with any of them. Returning to these photos six years later with "fresh eyes" I realized it wasn't so important to see the entire bottle and by cropping the bottle I was also able to eliminate a lot of extraneous and distracting woodwork. Sometimes I think of cropping as finding the picture within the picture, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.