Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Denver & Rio Grande Western #491

Colorado Railroad Museum 

This locomotive is a 2-8-2 "Mikado" type built by Baldwin in 1902. It is said to be the largest operating narrow gauge steam locomotive in the western hemisphere. This picture is from my visit to the Colorado Railroad Museum in September of this year.

The day I was there, the locomotive was pushing Thomas the Train around the grounds of the museum and this is the only shot I managed to get of 411 without Thomas. I don't know what is in the bag hanging over the number below the cab window.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.