Asbury Chapel - 1916
"Asbury Chapel (now Asbury United Methodist Church) was build in 1848 and named for Bishop Francis Asbury, who evangelized throughout the Shenandoah Valley from 1783 to 1805. During the Civil War, the congregation met irregularly, and the church was used as a hospital, probably after the Battle of Front Royal.
In 1916, the building was dismantled, revealing bloodstained floorboards. Using original materials when possible and following a similar design, the congregation completed the present structure the next year. The reconstructed church was dedicated on the fourth Sunday in October, 1917." *
*Text from the Wayside marker located at the church.