Jefferson College in Washington, Mississippi was named in honor of Thomas Jefferson. Chartered in 1802, the college operated until 1962. It is currently preserved on the National Register of Historic Places. Many historic buildings are still standing including the two story wood frame college President's house which was built in 1830. This picture was taken in April, 2013, showing the back of the house as seen from the main campus.