Thursday, April 29, 2010

Near Charlotte, North Carolina - circa 1975

Unfortunately, my old negative files are not very well labeled and my memory is often unreliable. This photo was taken around 1975 during a visit with my aunt and uncle who were living in North Carolina at the time. I know that much from the other frames on that roll of film, but I don't remember the circumstances of taking this photo. The passage of time may increase our interest in a photograph, but memories fade over the years. Going through these old negatives makes me realize the importance of keeping good records.

"Film is cheap," they used to say, but it wasn't cheap for me in those days and I made only two exposures of this abandoned house with a 35mm Minolta loaded with Plus-X.

1 comment :

  1. hi photography-in-place.blogspot.com-ers all the best to all of you - matty mays

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.