Friday, August 6, 2010

Flower and bird bath - Greene County, Virginia 

I will admit it: I am a sucker for flower pictures. It is hard to take a bad picture of a flower (I have done it though) and it is also hard to take a good picture of a flower (but I keep trying).

Anyway, enough of flowers for a while. Next week we will be visiting several country stores in black and white. One of the stores was the scene of a sensational murder in the early 1900s which would become one of the most famous criminal cases in Virginia.

Hope you will stop by for a visit.

4 comments :

  1. Very nice photography and blog found it when I saw your comment on Carl's Working Pictures Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Don and Sher. I am a big fan of Carl's work and see your comments there from time to time. Hope you will visit here again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast between light and shadow on this one. Are you using a macro lens or the macro setting on your camera?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri--no this is not a macro shot. It was taken with with a normal 35mm lens, the Pentax FA 35mm f2 at f5.6 and 1/90th of a second exposure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.