Friday, August 27, 2010

Late Summer Morning Glory - Greene County, Virginia

All of the "Late Summer" photos this week were from a walk I took last Saturday morning. I carried the Pentax K10D with the Pentax FA 50mm f1.4 lens.

Making successful photographs of visually complex subjects, a tangle of weeds for instance, is very challenging for me and I admire photographers who do it well. Doug Plummer, a west coast photographer, tackles this problem in  a series of photographs called "Stick Pictures" and the results are remarkable. 

Next week we will be back to black and white photos which I just finished scanning in from the Pentax MX. We will be looking at some old houses and an interesting old Feed Store in the town of Madison. Hope you will stop by.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.