Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sign of the times . . .

Charlottesville, Virginia 

These days, I don't shoot film very often and rather than process the occasional roll myself, I take it to a lab. In Charlottesville, we are fortunate to have a professional photo lab, and it is located near my work so it is convenient for me to drop off and pick up. Last Tuesday, this sign greeted me at the door.

When I picked up that last roll, I chatted a few minutes with Mr. Stubblefield. He said that he no longer has enough film developing business to justify moving the film processor to his new location. I asked what is to happen to his processor, and he said that since there was no longer a market for this type of equipment,  it will end up in the dumpster.

Just another reminder that we live in a world of constant change.

2 comments :

  1. Yep, that's why I finally sold my last film camera this past January. Obviously, though, someone was able to find a use for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a camera store here in Charlottesville that does film processing in house, so all is not lost . . . yet.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.