Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A couple of geese

Greene County, Virginia

I walk down to the lake now and again to check on the geese. Not that they need me for anything; I just like to watch and listen to their talk which sounds intelligent and purposeful although I understand none of it.

These two geese were not perturbed by my presence on the edge of the water, and swam quite close, seemingly wrapped up in their own affairs. They are most likely a mating pair. The goose on the right is the male. You can tell because he is a little larger than the female (and he is drooling). Canada geese are monogamous.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.