Union Forge Church - 1855
Located between Edinburg and Lantz Mills, Union Forge Church takes its name from an iron forge that operated nearby, possibly as early as 1808. Union Forge was one of several iron producers in the Shenandoah Valley prior to the Civil War. It was destroyed by Sheridan's raiders in 1864. The Union Forge Church stands on a hill above the site of the forge, on the banks of Stony Creek.