Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Antiques - Ruckersville, Virginia

Web Notes

Tim Barnwell is a photographer you should know. On In This Light, Dory Adams has a nice article about Tim Barnwell including the details of his recently announced Print of the Month program. Dory writes about the first print being offered:
"Barnwell's image 'Waves of Trees in Snow, 2009' evokes a strong emotional response for me: homesickness for how it feels to live nestled in the mountains; amazement at the pristine beauty; concern that this beauty will be lost; and admiration for Barnwell's artistry."
 §

When I equipped my first darkroom, I never dreamed that it would be replaced one day by a computer.  Like it or not, the computer is an integral part of our lives, and for most photographers the computer is a key component of the photographic process. Click! A Brief History of Computing is a LIFE magazine picture gallery showing the history of computers in photographs. Somewhat ironically, the majority of these pictures were made before the computer had any connection with photography.

5 comments :

  1. Nice work Edd, the building and sky play off each other very well and the weeds in the foreground set the place and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful picture. You have a way of capturing a photo and transporting us back to a different time, eventhough it was taken in the present..well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robert and Dorene. For some reason old buildings with this sort of corrugated tin siding always appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edd, thanks for linking to my blog post about Tim Barnwell's print of the month program! I've been meaning to let you know how much I've enjoyed your recent posts on Edwards, Mississippi and Walker Evans. I didn't realize that "O Brother, Where Art Thou" was filmed there -- what a wonderful film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dory--Tim Barnwell is one of my favorite photographers and I have enjoyed reading your posts about him on In This Light.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.