Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fence and flag - Greene County, Virginia 

As a side note to yesterdays post (here), the mushroom pictures were taken with the Nikon P7000 point and shoot camera. I am finding that there are situations where working with the screen on the back of the camera is advantageous. In this case I was able to put the camera down at ground level and still see the screen well enough to frame the shot. I got one knee wet doing that, but to get that ant's eye view with the K10D I would have to lie flat in the wet grass to see through the viewfinder, ending up with wet clothes and a crick in my neck.

I still prefer working with an optical viewfinder, but there are times when it is useful to have an alternative means of framing the shot. Makes me wish the P7000 had an articulated screen.

1 comment :

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.