Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First day of Spring, 2012

Greene County, Virginia 

Winter was a mild mannered old man this year. Can't say he will be missed, but he brought us no big snow storms to shovel, no bitter cold winds or frozen pipes. He did not linger, but gave way to Spring with good grace.

I am getting to be an old man myself; let me be like this year's old man winter. Let me not inconvenience anyone, or overstay my welcome. Let me do no harm to tender things. Let me be mild mannered and, please God, not too cold.

2 comments :

  1. We had much the same kind of winter here as well, hope it continues for the next 30 years. It was also good for my photography to be able to get out so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, I agree. When it is not too cold, winter is a good time to be out photographing. There is more to see when the leaves are off the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.