Friday, October 5, 2012

Falling . . .

Greene County, Virginia 

Here's a question for you: what does this picture have in common with the picture in yesterdays post?

At first glance, one might think that this is either an extraordinarily lucky shot, or a Photoshop trick. It is neither. What I saw in my viewfinder is just what you see here.

If you answered that the common element in today's picture and yesterday's is spiders, you are correct. Look closely and you will see that the leaf is hanging on a single strand of cobweb. I took several pictures of this leaf as it twisted and turned in the breeze, an autumn ritual suspended. For all I know, it might still be falling.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading Photography in Place.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.