Monday, January 28, 2013

Maplewood Cemetery #1

Gordonsville, Virginia 

On a cool Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I drove over to Gordonsville to visit the Maplewood Cemetery, which lies just on the outskirts of town. As a historian and genealogist, my wife has a keen interest in cemeteries as a repository for historical information. My interest is primarily in the visual aspect of the cemetery and while she records the headstones for her research, I have some time to photograph the grounds.

This week we will be visiting this old cemetery which was established in 1880 and is rich in both historical and visual interest.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.