Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Metal chicken

Greene County, Virginia 

For the past several weeks the weather around here has been uncooperative and it has been hard to get out and take pictures. I did manage to pull myself out of my mid-winter funk a couple of times to take pictures in the Green Springs Historic District which I hope to turn into a long term project.  And then there is the yard and the area close by the house, where I go with the camera just because I enjoy taking pictures. I think of it as practice and I like the challenge of trying to see something  fresh in an environment that is so utterly familiar.

A trip to Yosemite is not on my horizon any time soon, but a trip around my yard requires no planning or expense. And after all, where else can I go to photograph a metal rooster?

2 comments :

  1. I know how you feel, Edd. I can't wait for spring up here in Connecticut. As I write this I can hear the wind howling and we're expecting 3-6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. It's hard to get out in that kind of weather. I also find myself taking pictures close to home and also of the same things, over and over again. It's good practice. Nice rooster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to Connecticut, we have gotten off easy here in Virginia this winter but we woke up this morning to about 10 inches of snow and no electricity. By mid afternoon the snow stopped and the lights came back on and we sent the storm on up your way. I am ready for spring too --

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.