Friday, June 27, 2014

116 Railroad Avenue

Eagle Rock, Virginia

The Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Heritage Center in Clifton Forge closes at 4:00 so I decided to drive over to Eagle Rock. It is a small town located along the railroad tracks that run between Clifton Forge and Buchanan. The town interests me because me mother grew up in Botetourt County and I visited my grandparents often in Buchanan which is less than 20 miles away. The train station is still standing in Eagle Rock and the remains of the lime kilns that fueled the town's prosperity from 1847 until 1954 are preserved in a small park on the edge of town.

More from Eagle Rock and Clifton Forge to come next week. Have a pleasant summer weekend and thanks for reading Photography In Place.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.