Monday, June 30, 2014

Evening rain

Clifton Forge, Virginia 

After fixing and eating supper at the campground, I decided to drive back over to Clifton Forge. A storm was brewing. The Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Heritage Center closes early, but the CSX train yard in Clifton Forge operates around the clock and I hoped to get some late evening pictures from the Amtrak parking lot adjacent to the yard.

There were no trains moving when I arrived, but a new crew was coming on duty.

 This GE AC44CW locomotive, built by GE Transportation Systems, uses AC (alternating current) traction motors instead of the more common DC motors.

The rain started, along with a few rumbles of thunder after I got back to the campground, and I fell asleep that night to the sound of rain on the roof of the trailer. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.