Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Star building

Churchville, Virginia

Driving through Churchville last month, I came across this old tumbledown building. It was in the side yard of a house in town, and as I walked up to photograph it from the sidewalk, I noticed some folks sitting at a table in the shade of a tree nearby. I went over and talked to the lady who lives in the house next to this curious little building, but she did not know much about its history or original purpose.

The building leans at a crazy angle and one side seems about to fall in, although the woman did say her husband planned to try to shore it up. I took a bunch of photographs and left wondering how long the "star building" would survive. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.