Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sitemeter failure

Blog Note

For the past four years I have been using Sitemeter to compile statistics for Photography In Place. There have been a few outages along the way, but overall I have been satisfied with their service until recently. I have been unable to access my data for over three weeks now, and emails to their support have gone unanswered. In addition, a popup message asking blog readers to login to Sitemeter occasionally appeared as pages loaded. If any reader has encountered that, I apologize. This evening I finally decided to stop using Sitemeter and removed all the Sitemeter code from Photography In Place so there should be no further disruptions. 

Sitemeter is a free service, so I can't really complain too much. After all, you get what you pay for.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.