Monday, June 8, 2015

Masonic Lodge

Waverly, Virginia 

On my way to North Carolina in April, I stopped for lunch in the town of Waverly. I have passed through several times, thinking that it looked like an interesting place to photograph but the weather was always wrong or I was in a hurry and couldn't stop. So after finishing my lunch, I decided to take some time and explore the town.

The first building that caught my eye looked like an old church, but I found out later that the boarded up building used to be the Masonic Lodge/Town Hall. Built around 1897, the two-story frame structure displays both Italianate and Classical Revival influences. In the early 20th century, it was Waverly's main venue for traveling shows, plays and meetings.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.