Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Western Maryland Scenic Railroad

Frostburg, Maryland 

The next day after my visit to Antietam last month I decided, somewhat on the spur of the moment, to drive up to Cumberland, home of the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. My plan was to photograph the train leaving Cumberland and chase it up to Frostburg, getting what pictures I could along the way. When I arrived at the station, I decided to ride the train instead. There were seats available and I bought a ticket, scrambled out on the platform and boarded the train.

Pulled by two EMD GP30 diesel locomotives, the trip up through the western Maryland mountains took about an hour and we arrived in Frostburg around lunch time. I spent most of the 90 minute layover in Frostburg taking pictures but managed to grab a bite to eat before the return trip. More to come.


1 comment :

  1. this is the amazing experience to read this article
    Regards
    shahid

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.