Monday, July 19, 2010

Daucus carota - Queen Anne's Lace

I am trying out a new design this week. As a rule, I do not like light text on a dark background, but I do like the way the photographs look on the dark background, so this design is a bit of a trade-off. Since there is usually not that much text, and the blog is about photographs, I tend to favor the appearance of the pictures over the appearance of the text.

Comments on the new look would be much appreciated, and I would particularly like to hear from you if your browser has trouble displaying this new design. (I have tested it with Firefox 3.6.6, IE 7 and  Google Chrome) I will decide at the end of this week if I want to go with the new look, or stay with the old design.

4 comments :

  1. I love it! It takes on a whole different feel...more inviting. I think the font is easy enough to read with the dark grey background. I think it's a keeper! It opens up fine for me except that now I get a Trend Micro warning - but that is only because of the security here at work (yes, I am reading blogs at work--don't judge me), and I just ignore it anyway (don't tell my IT guy). Anyway...my vote is to keep the new design! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice indeed!
    White backgrounds are distracting for on screen photo viewing.
    In regard to the white fonts I agree with you, but on balance it looks much better.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input--it is very helpful. Right now I am pretty happy with the new look--might make some minor tweaks here and there but I feel like the pictures show much better on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the contrast much better and agree it's a keeper! I'm using Safari (die hard Mac enthusiast that I am) and it opened with no trouble or weirdness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.