Friday, July 9, 2010

Mississippi Hardware - Vicksburg, Virginia 

These are the last pictures from my recent visit to Vicksburg.  These were all taken on an early morning walk around town.

Our Sunday posts of wooden church buildings will be back this Sunday with the Yokena Presbyterian Church. Yokena is a few miles south of Vicksburg.

When I posted a color photo of this building, I used a much tighter view because the colors of the signs and the flag and the crape myrtle on the left hand side were too busy and distracting. In this black and white shot, the words "Uneeda Biscuit" are legible across the top of the building.

This garage in downtown Vicksburg was just opening up for the day.

I don't know what was in this building, but I thought the brick work over the door was fascinating.

I took this picture to use up the last exposure on the roll so that I could take advantage of this shady and cool spot to reload. Unfortunately, I didn't have another roll of film with me, and had to walk (uphill all the way) back to the car to get more.

2 comments :

  1. Exposed brick buildings seems to rule this city!
    They are very nice but quite uncommon in my country.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diego--that is an interesting observation about exposed brick. Brick is a very common building material here, but it is often covered by stucco, particularly for commercial buildings. And it does seem to me that Vicksburg has more exposed brick than we have here in Charlottesville, Virginia where I live.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.