Monday, July 12, 2010

Potomac River - King George County, Virginia

This picture was taken near the Chotank Creek Natural Area Preserve last Saturday on my first trip this year on the river. I grew up in Virginia near the Potomac and look forward each summer to exploring the river with an old friend. He and I made our first trip on the river together when we were teenagers in the early 1960s.

It rained Saturday morning and we got a late start, but later in the day the skies cleared and we went about 25 miles downstream and anchored just inside the inlet to Chotank Creek to spend the night.

1 comment :

  1. Nice Edd- I'm glad you got to spend some time with Tom on the river. Hope you had a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.