Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pirate's Den - Fairview Beach, Virginia 

The camera that I use on the river is a 4 megapixel Nikon Coolpix 4300 purchased in 2003. All of the river trip pictures posted this week were taken with it.

It was my first digital camera. It has been reliable, is a good size for carrying with me when we wade ashore and doesn't take up much room on the boat. It is slow to use, but in fully automatic mode it does a pretty good job with exposure in most cases. The optical viewfinder is small but essential in the bright sun.

Point and shoot. I enjoy using my digital SLR and my film cameras, but sometimes it is liberating just to take pictures with nothing to think about except when to press the shutter. As old and outdated as this camera is, it does not get in the way of taking pictures, and when I am on the river, that is all I want.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.