Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poultry Barn - Lincoln County, Mississippi 

Back in December, I wrote about the trials and tribulations of bird photography. (See here) Nature photography in general and bird photography in particular are very demanding pursuits, and it is only after seeing the work of photographers who are really good at it that one realizes how hard it is to do well

I recently came across a blog called Red and the Peanut. Kelly Riccetti is a photographer and painter who lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, who brings a painter's eye to her nature and bird photography, and perhaps a photographer's eye to her painting (but I wouldn't know about that, not being a painter myself.) In any event her work is outstanding and I highly recommend Red and the Peanut. A permanent link has been added to the links on the sidebar.

While poking around the links on Red and the Peanut, I came across Montanagirl.  Montanagirl lives in northeastern Montana, and has an excellent eye for nature and wildlife photography. I think she has a particularly good way with birds, and as an easterner, it is a treat to see photos of birds we do not get to see west of the Mississippi.  A permanent link to Montanagirl has been added to the links on the sidebar.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.