Wednesday, June 8, 2011

View from the alley - Charlottesville, Virginia 

A couple of years ago, I had the idea that photographing houses and other buildings from the back would be an interesting project. I took a few "from the alley" pictures like the one above (taken in 2008)  and that is far as I got.

Yesterday, over on foto shoebox Robert posted a picture taken from the back of a house. He called it 'Round Back and it inspired me to revisit my attempts at photographing the wrong side of things. Take a look at 'Round Back; I still think it would make a good project.

2 comments :

  1. Peoples thrifty side shows up in things they keep or use out of sight, like those tar paper sheds. Such a variety of color going on here as well. Good eye Edd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I guess we need some place to keep the bits and pieces of our lives. Most of it is best kept out of sight, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.