Friday, February 17, 2012

Smallwood's Retreat

Charles County, Maryland 

Not far from the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division grounds (scroll down to yesterday's post)  is Smallwood State Park. General William Smallwood served in the Revolutionary War and was the Governor of Maryland from 1785 to 1788. The Governor's plantation house and grounds overlooking the Potomac River were restored and opened as a historic park in 1958.

This Sunday is the third Sunday of the month, and we will be visiting the Mount Zion Baptist Church. Hope you will stop by on Sunday to see this interesting and well kept wooden church that was built in the late 19th century.

Thanks for reading Photography In Place.

2 comments :

  1. Love your work, Edd. This place reminds me of some of the buildings in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.

    If I may ask, would you care to share info on the photographic equipment that you use?

    Just wondering if you were using a DSLR or a Point & Shoot camera. Either way it is fantastically sharp work. Thanks... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenn. My primary digital camera is a Pentax K10D DSLR, and the majority of pictures I post were taken with it. This particular picture was taken a couple of years ago using an old 4MP Nikon Coolpix 4300 point and shoot which I have had since 2003. I carried it with me on boat trips because it was easy to pack. Last summer it started behaving erratically and I replaced it with a Nikon P7000 point and shoot, which I have used a lot recently because it is smaller than the K10D and I am more likely to have it with me. As they say the best camera is the one you have with you. For small sizes pictures for the blog, I have been very satisfied with the quality of the P7000.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.