Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Water's edge - #1

Fishing spot - Greene County, Virginia

Earlier this month, on a gray winter's day, I walked down to the lake. While poking around in the underbrush I came across this bench on the bank, most likely put there for fishing. I don't know who the bench belongs to, but I sat down for a few minutes and looked out across the water. The day was still and quiet; even the birds made no sound.

As I sat there, my eye was caught by the tangle of weeds and bushes at the edge of the water, and soon I was exploring along the bank where the land and water meet. This week, Photography In Place will be on the water's edge.


2 comments :

  1. I like that second photo. An interesting project, maybe a four season shoot is in the works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting you should mention a "four season shoot" because I have been thinking about doing something like that although not necessarily with this subject.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.