Friday, February 3, 2012

South River Road

Greene County, Virginia 

Yesterday was Candlemas, also known as Groundhog Day, which marks the halfway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. Today we are on the downhill side of winter. The winter here has been mild so far, and temperatures reached the upper sixties yesterday. It seems like spring is here already.

I have been taking advantage of the warm weather to photograph birds  even though I know that taking pictures of birds or kittens can get me kicked out of the Secret Guild of Really Serious Photographers. Next week: mockingbirds and chickadees, and maybe a steam locomotive.

Hope you will join us and thanks for reading Photography In Place.

6 comments :

  1. This has been a mild winter here too, with a cold day now and then. Remember Groucho's comment "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE Groucho's remark: some of us can't afford to be so particular:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image, Edd. Wonderful thought and the photo is cool to look at. Uhhh, as for the "secret guild"? I don't think I ever did belong. Maybe that's why our photography is so much fun, and above average... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Glenn. I take pictures because it is fun to look at things. This old world is really quite a beautiful place. The older I get, the more I want to try to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this road photo. I think it's just a beautiful section of Greene County :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Terry. I agree--this area around South River is one of the most scenic spots in the county. By the way, your ad for Terry Beigie Photography has been showing up on my Google searches. Your web site looks great--best wishes for a successful venture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.