Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In the Mississippi Delta

Issaguena County, Mississippi 

One Saturday afternoon last month during our visit to Vicksburg, I drove up into the Delta. It was raining but the sun was still shining through the clouds in the west, and the fields were vivid in the rain-washed sunlight.

The Mississippi Delta extends north from Vicksburg to Memphis, bounded on the east by the Yazoo River and on the west by the Mississippi. It is fertile, flat farmland that reminds me of the coastal plains of North Carolina.  For some reason this type of landscape is very appealing to me, and I hope to spend some more time exploring the Delta the next time I am in Mississippi.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.