Friday, September 28, 2012

Somerset #5

Somerset Steam and Gas Pasture Party - 2012 - Orange County, Virginia

In addition to shooting B&W film with the Pentax MX, I also I made this very brief video with the Nikon P7000. Even though I have had the P7000 for well over a year, this is the first time that I have used it to record video so I didn't have too much of an idea of what I was doing.

The machine you see at the beginning is an excelsior machine shaving wood into excelsior, which was a common packing material before bubble-wrap and foam "peanuts." There it a brief shot of a helper shoveling the excelsior into a pile at the end of the machine. The next shot shows a steam powered tractor running a threshing machine. There are a couple of other brief shots of tractors operating. The video is just over a minute long, but I think it will give you a bit of an idea of what the day was like.

Thanks so much for reading Photography In Place. Have a great weekend and I hope to see you back here next week.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.