Monday, April 8, 2013

Squirrel, locust tree

Greene County, Virginia 

The other evening just before sunset I was looking out the kitchen window and spotted this squirrel in our locust tree. I went to get the camera, thinking he would most likely be gone before I could get a picture. But when I got back he hadn't moved and seemed to be enjoying a quiet moment in the early spring sunshine.

The locust tree is quite immune to the charms of spring. Other trees are starting to display ripe buds and will soon be unfurling their leaves, but the locust shows no sign of life. It will be the last tree in the yard to put out leaves, but the cool locust shade will be worth the wait when the hot days of summer arrive.

1 comment :

  1. I always think it's a gift when I can get some backlighting on a squirrel content for a change to just sit and enjoy a nut in the sun. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.