Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Travels: Coastal North Carolina #2

Wanchese, North Carolina

Looking out across Roanoke Sound from the fishing village of Wanchese, the Bodie Island Lighthouse is visible in the distance. When I visited the lighthouse in December, restoration work was underway and the tower was surrounded by scaffolding. The scaffolding is down now and the restoration is nearly complete. Later this month, the work will be complete and the public will be able to climb to the top of the lighthouse for the first time ever.

The Bodie Island Lighthouse is our next stop.



5 comments :

  1. Wonderful photos, Edd. You had great lighting for these and it allowed us to see the details in the boats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glenn. I was fortunate to have the nice soft light, but I paid for it in wind and cold. These pictures were taken in a hurry:)

      Delete
  2. I have a fondness for pictures of boats, both in and out of the water. You've captured these boats well making me wonder what they might have looked like in their prime. Very nice photos, Edd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed. I wondered about these boats too. The one in the first picture looked like it may have been undergoing a re-fitting but I am not sure what the future holds for these boats.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.