Monday, January 11, 2016

Overgrown barn

Timberville, Virginia

In early December I took the camper over to the Shenandoah Valley for a couple of days. One of the days I spent at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, which I suppose is technically not in the Shenandoah Valley although the the town is on the Shenandoah River. The next day was all cloudless skies and harsh winter sunlight—not a good day for photography. But I went out anyway with the idea of scouting  locations that I could come back to later. By the time I got to Timberville, some clouds had rolled in and the skies had darkened and I was able to take some pictures.

This old barn is right in town, behind a house that faces the main street. One of the things that intrigues me about small towns in rural areas is the way the farmland comes right up to the town's back doors. The barn has seen better days though, and appears to be unused and neglected.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.