Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tracks through town

Timberville, Virginia

Railroad tracks often run through the most interesting parts of town. Perhaps not the parts that the Chamber of Commerce would like you to see, but the parts that are older, maybe a little dilapidated but full of character. When I look for places to photograph, following the tracks usually pays off.

The tracks that run through Timberville were rusted, making me think that the line was not in service. But as I walked along the rails, I noticed new ballast that looked like it had been recently installed. I later learned that  the tracks are part of Norfolk-Southern's Chesapeake Western line that runs north out of Harrisonburg, Va. Apparently there is very little traffic through Timberville.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.