Thursday, January 6, 2011

Farm buildings - Greene County, Virginia 

After taking the picture shown in yesterday's post, I continued to walk along the fence-row until I reached this group of farm buildings. This is another scene that I intended to be a black and white photo but I ended up liking the way the color showed up through the light snow.

By this time, it was late afternoon and I was getting cold so I put the camera away and headed for home.

 §

The photography I find most interesting is rooted in place, and I recently found a blog that explores the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina with some outstanding photography and words. I have added Blue Ridge blog to the Links in the sidebar and recommend that you visit. It is a friendly place.

2 comments :

  1. Maybe is just due to the composition but, is this shot taken with a telephoto lens?
    Regards
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diego, good eye--yes. These buildings were maybe 300 yards from where I stood. I crossed the fence into that field to try to get closer a couple of years ago and attracted some unwanted attention from a bull, so I was afraid to go into the field again. I used a tripod and shot with what is easily my lowest quality Pentax lens, the FA 80-200. It is a cheap plastic lens and the resolution not so good, but the FA 80-320 that I would normally use was in the shop being repaired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I take a look at all comments before they are published to catch the occasional spam, so your comment may not appear right away. Thanks for reading Photography In Place.